Wednesday, 26 May 2010
I keep forgetting to eat enough legumes (most likely because I don't know enough recipes with legumes in them), which I absolutely should as a vegetarian, but every so often I commit myself to making a meal with lentils, beans or peas. Yesterday was one of those days and I came up with a lentil salad that contained a lot of quinoa as well - the reason why I've opted to call it a lentil and quinoa salad.
1. Boil about two dl of green lentils and about two - three dl of quinoa. Let cool.
2. Chop one small onion and a few cloves of garlic.
3. Grind three small carrots.
4. Slice one big cucumber or two small.
5. Slice some green onion. I used quite a lot of it since I love green onion.
6. Slice one paprika and mix everything together.
7. Add lemon zest.
8. And sesame seeds.
9. Voilá! Sprinkle with some salt, a tiny bit of pepper and add parsley and coriander (preferably fresh!)