Sunday 9 August 2009

Flower crown tutorial.

Back in April when I made this post several of you asked how I made the flower crown I was wearing. I said that I would make a tutorial for you in the summer, and while it's been summer for a few months now, I had completely forgot about that tutorial until now. Nevertheless, better late than never, and there is still almost a month of summer left, so if you feel like giving it a try making a flower crown, here is a tutorial for you!



Just a little note though: It is very important that the stalks of the flowers you are using are strong and bendy, otherwise it will be nearly impossible making a nice crown. It will only break and fall apart. You can use any kind of flower you like, or several different ones (Some of the nicest crowns are encompassed by various flowers, in my opinion) - I used forget-me-nots because I have lots of them in my garden and because I wanted a crown with small delicate flowers. Also, you don't necessarily need to gather all the flowers you're using before you start (I just thought that might be easier for beginners)... usually I just pick the flowers and make the crown as I'm walking around.

29 comments:

Baśka said...

i used to make such flower crowns when i was younger. it was so much fun :)

Anonymous said...

I love making those! I jused to make alot of them using yellow flowers when I was younger :) Nice tutorial!

Parapluie said...

Aw, this is nice!

Anonymous said...

Süß das Video... es würde mich freuen, wenn du mitmachst. Das Kleid würde dir echt gut stehen.

HoneyBunny said...

Lovely video! I used make loads of these, usually using daisies:)

Eliza said...

oh dear, thank you so, so much for your words, they bring light to me :) i loved the tutorial. i never really knew how to make a crown that way, and they're always so beautiful, so fairy-like! <3

Mars said...

your crown is gorgeous! next time i'm out and about in a field i'm going to try this haha :)

Hanne said...

Så fin den ble! Lenge siden jeg har laget en selv, men det er utrolig fint. Sommerlig og romantisk!

AlicePleasance said...

So pretty! Nice video :-)

muchlove said...

Ooh, nice! Thanks for doing this tutorial. Spring is just around the corner here, so hopefully I can find lots of good flowers to make one too!

Unknown said...

Ah you are so cute! I will actually have to try this now! And I love your serious face in the video!
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

street angel said...

I am going to try this.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

thank you for the tutorial! i'm going to try making a flower crown this week :)

Move said...

it's very awesome tutorial thanks for sharing :)


xxxx
june

Maria said...

You're too pretty!! so cute! Ive never worn a flower crown!! :/ I'd love to, have a great day, kisses!!

Kiki said...

thank you sooo much for this :)
i´ll definitly try it as soon as possible :)

*kisses*

Eliza said...

hey sweetie, i'm back just to tell you that i gave you an award on my latest blog post! :) ♥

Ambroisine said...

Thx for the tutorial, I've always wanted to make a flower crown ! Next time I'll got to country I'll made one :)

Laura said...

your blog is really cool :) but i can't see the tutorial :/

anyway, love your pictures ^^

kisses *

jess said...

Great video. I think I'll try this soon.

Imogen said...

I enjoyed watching this, I must try it sometime. You should make more videos.

Erin Cathleen said...

This is beautiful! And what a great video you put together, too. I wish I had the patience to make one of these; I would probably just keep breaking it and get frustrated and quit. :( But it sure looks pretty!

Not Specified said...

this is such a brilliant tutorial.

trishie said...

What a beautiful and delicate flower crown..thanks for the tutorial, i'll definitely give it a go!

AMIT said...

Very good video.

Lise charmel lingerie

amanda said...

one of my favorite posts of yours!! love your videos.

Lucy said...

wow!!

singapore florist said...

unfortunately the video can't be played on my computer. but i bet it's awesome by seeing the comments.

Anonymous said...

[p]U